Active Individuals need Whole Food Supplementation!
By Del Millers, Ph.D.
WHY I Use a Whole Food Supplement?
by Del Millers, Ph.D., November 2001
A recent lecture by Dr. Santillo, the author of Food Enzymes, The
Missing Link to Radiant Health, revealed important facts I'd like
1. "70% -90% of all medical conditions are diet related."
2. "Man's desired diet is seeds, nuts, grains, fruits and vegetables."
3. "The body heals itself when the proper nutrients are available."
Prevention of disease, as well as the relationship between nutrition
(specific to long-term, age-related diseases like cancer, heart
disease and stroke) are not new concepts…I simply wasn’t
particularly interested in them 10 years ago when I first started
NOW, however, I am absolutely interested in articles like the following.
This research has had a major impact on why I am using a fruit and
vegetable capsule as supplementation! Read on:
- — "Anthrax and a Strong Immune System", Nutri-News,
(on-line) Nov. 2001
- —"An Apple A Day…", Medicine & Science
in Sports & Exercise, Nov. 2000
—"Fruit and Vegetable Intake in Relation to Risk of
Ischemic Stroke", JAMA,
Oct. 6, 1999…Vol 282. No. 13 pg. 1233-1234
- —"The Top 10 Anti-Cancer Foods", Health, Nov/Dec,
- —"New Rules for Preventing Skin Cancer: Eat Your
Veggies", McCall’s, 1/2000
- —"CANCER & DIET, Eating to Beat the Odds",
Newsweek, Nov. 30, 1998
- —"Vegetables Rich in Anti-oxidants May Help Protect
Against Alzheimer’s Disease", Washington (July 17,
2000) Xinhua via NewsEdge Corporation
- —"Surprising Eye-Disease Fighter: Spinach",
Bottom Line/Personal, May 15, 1999
- —"Kids & Attention Deficit Disorder", Delicious,
- — "Fat for Life? Six Million Kids Seriously Overweight",
Newsweek, July, 3, 2000
- —"Facts on Fiber", Time, May 1, 2000
- — "What You Eat is as Important as What You Don’t
", JAMA, July 28, 2000
- — "5 Significant Breast Cancer Studies Show Fruits,
Vegetables, and Fiber Aid in Prevention", International Health
News On-Line Database, 2000
- — "Vitamin C Pills Linked to Artery Clogging",
Associated Press, March 3, 2000
- —"New Cases Raise Fears that Anthrax may Spread Easily",
St. Louis Post Dispatch, Oct. 31, 2001
WHAT ARE THESE ARTICLES SAYING?
— 1 in 3 Americans will have cancer in their lifetimes; 20
years ago it was 1 in 10!
— The Framingham Study demonstrated that people who eat 6
servings/day of fruits and vegetables have 44% less risk of stroke;
9 servings/day yields a 66% reduction!
—A large study published in the Journal of the American Medical
Association (JAMA), showed that 5 servings/week of green, leafy
vegetables cut the risk of macular degeneration, the most frequent
cause of blindness in people age 65+, by 43%.
— The National Cancer Institute recommends 5-9 servings/day
of raw fruits and vegetables to help prevent lung, breast, colon,
prostate cancers (by 50% or more)!
— The American Heart Association recommends the same diet
to slow down the atherosclerotic process and prevent heart disease
— YET, 95% of Americans are not getting 5-9 servings of produce
a day!! And if they were, they would be spending around $5-$15/day
— Actually, only $1.77/week is spent by an individual for
fruits & vegetables and, worse, $7.07/week for a family of 4!
(1977; Produce Marketing Assoc. Statistic)
— And CHILDREN? 1 in 2 will develop heart disease; 1 in 3,
cancer! Degenerative diseases of the aged are now evidenced in children.
ADD and ADHD are on the rise! WHY? A study of 3112 children grades
2-6 proved almost _ didn’t eat even 1 fruit or vegetable in
a day! FOOD IS FUEL and they are running on empty!
Continue to page 2>>